Pages

Saturday 2 January 2010

Best of the Decade: Male Performances

Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler - the best performance I have ever seen, him losing to Sean Penn for Milk this year was one of the worst things to EVER happen! Below are my favourite award speechs from award bodies who got it right, oh and his appearance in The Pledge, which I think is really good!





Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight - mad as a hatter, a close second.



Joaquin Phoenx - Gladiator - before Letterman and the beard happened, Joaquin was brilliant. He stole the show from Russell in this.

Heath Ledger - Brokeback Mountain - He is amazing, the only actor to appear twice on this list! He was only 24 when he did this.


Jackie Earle Haley - Little Children - brilliant creep, his brilliant performance has meant he got the roles in Watchmen and as the new Freddy Kreuger, which I am only interested in seeing because of him.



Javier Bardem - No Country for old men - Call it has been overplayed so I thought I would show you his first appearance.


Sharlto Copley - District 9 - one of the best debut performances of all time? tragic hero.

Jim Broadbent - Iris - he is heartbreaking.

Cillian Murphy - Batman Begins - he is easily the best villain in the original, showing boring Liam Neeson how its done.


Robin Williams - Insomnia - are all my favourite performances creeps? again, another one, but Robin is brilliant, he is a much better framatic actor than a comedian.

1 comment:

Elle Woods said...

I cried sooo much after Iris!