Pages

Sunday 25 January 2009

Closer

Singing – ‘I can’t take my eyes off you, I can’t take my eyes off you, I can’t take my eyes off you, I can’t take my eyes off youuu’
Ten minutes later:
Eyeeesss, offfff yooooouuuu, eeeyyyyes

Natalie, having enough of the song decides to throw herself in front of a taxi. Unfortunately, she survives and even more unfortunately, is rescued by sleeze ball Jude Law.

Natalie bangs on about stripping; Jude bangs Julia Roberts while Clive Owen wants to bang Julia Roberts and engages in Internet sex chat with Jude.
Links are therefore all established between the characters in very clever ways. They all want to sleep with each other and throughout the film they all do.

Mind games and stage like awkward dialogue goes on for an hour.

Clive: I had an affair, I’m sorry.
Julia: oh that’s OK, don’t worry about it
Julia: speaking of, I kinda had an affair too
Clive: WHAT???? THAT IS TOTALLY UNFORGIVABLE AND DIFFERENT TO WHAT I HAVE JUST DONE. FUCK YOU, C*NT YOU’RE A BITCH WHAT DOES JUDE TASTE LIKE???????? FUCKFUCKFUCK
Scene = justice

‘I can’t take my eeysss off youuuuuuu. Oooooooh’

The film pretends it has a message. It doesn’t.
Except we all learnt that Jude is sweeter tasting that Clive!

1 comment:

bigalbrownster said...

So do you think she dies at the end?